Help make chemical safety part of your school's ongoing security audits and safety plan.
See Leadership Needed. What opportunities for leadership exist in your school? Use these resources to update your school's values and technical skills for 21st century citizens.
- Lab Safety Videos Four short videos provide information on managing hazardous laboratory chemicals, responding to spills, properly storing and labeling chemicals, and disposing of chemicals safely and legally when they’re no longer needed. King County, Washington Local Hazardous Waste Management Program
- Least-toxic chemistry labs This collection of fully-scripted, least-toxic chemistry labs is ready for use by high school chemistry teachers. The set includes student and teacher guides and meets the Washington State Educational Learning Requirements
- When Good Chemicals Go Bad (Lab Out Loud podcast)
- No More Methyl Something (ppt)
- A Case Study of Environmental, Health and Safety Issues Involving the Burlington, Massachusetts Public School System. Tips, Suggestions, and Resources for Investigating and Resolving EHS Issues in Schools, Dresser, Todd H., (Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC; Burlington Board of Health, Burlington, MA, 1998) http://www.epa.gov/region7/